Today is my six month anniversary of arriving in Bordeaux, France. Here are the top ten ways that I’ve become a little more frenchified:
1. There isn’t a week (sometimes a day) that goes by without a baguette.
2. I’m going to ask Santa for a bike with a handlebar basket and a bell.
3. Cremant and champagne are definitely different.
4. Even on sunny days, I carry an umbrella.
5. I only have wine or water at a restaurant lunch and definitely no coke light.
6. My bed linens are ironed.
7. I watch French television (at least a little bit!)
8. Blinds, drapes, or sheers cover my windows 24/7.
9. A sauce accents all of my plats (the main course of a meal…entrées are starters).
10. It’s considered trés gauche to rise before 8 am (partially because it stays dark here a lot longer in the morning). I’d hate to be trés gauche.